The Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) was founded in 1985 to advance management education, research, and practice in Australia, New Zealand, and beyond. ANZAM is the primary professional body for management educators, researchers and practitioners in Australia and New Zealand, with about 500 individual members, and Institutional members representing most Australian and New Zealand universities.
ANZAM offers Professional, Associate, and Retired Membership to individuals who are management educators, researchers or practitioners, and Institutional Membership to tertiary providers of management education and research.
ANZAM’s activities provide opportunities for members to share their research and teaching insights, network, collaborate and learn from stakeholders and alliance partners around the globe.
We welcome the involvement of everyone interested in advancing the education, scholarship, research, and practice of management.
The Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) advances management education, scholarship, research and practice.
- To facilitate the consideration and dissemination of management knowledge;
- To provide a range of services for the ongoing development of members;
- To provide an authoritative voice to advance the interests of the management discipline; and
- To promote greater collaboration between stakeholders.
Four key values underlie ANZAM’s commitment to advancing the practice of management in Australia and New Zealand and more widely:
ANZAM has a formal Constitution which provides the framework for the academy’s activities. There are 6 main sections of the Constitution as follows:
- Incorporated Powers and Objects
- Academy Membership
- Officers and Executive
- General Meeting
- Financial Accounting and Auditing
- Other Provisions
The ANZAM Constitution is reviewed and updated as required on a regular basis – with amendments being approved at the Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting.
- ANZAM Constitution last amended at the 2018 Annual General Meeting