Since 2011, ANZAM Fellow Membership acknowledges excellence in management research, scholarship, education, and/or leadership. The ANZAM Fellow designation indicates the holder is recognised by the Board of Directors of the Academy and the wider membership to have made an outstanding contribution in the areas mentioned, and has demonstrated a significant impact on the community of scholars in the field and within ANZAM.
Guidelines for Approval of ANZAM Fellow Nominations
Under the new ANZAM Constitution, the Fellows of ANZAM are required to have at least five (5) years of professional membership of ANZAM and demonstrated an advanced standing in any or all of the avenues of management research, scholarship, education and practice.
Applications will be considered against the criteria listed below. Nominations must demonstrate exceptional performance in one or more of the six criteria. The panel will be prepared to weigh truly outstanding contributions in one particular area against more limited involvement in others.
- A significant research contribution to the management discipline.
- A significant contribution to management education.
- A significant contribution to management practice through senior leadership positions in public or private sector organisations over a period of at least ten years.
- A significant and successful leadership role in a school or department of a university in the Australia and New Zealand region that is related to the discipline of management.
- A significant leadership role in the management discipline as evidenced by the taking of leadership positions in the academies and practitioner organisations.
- A significant advocacy role for the management discipline.
It is noted that these criteria are similar to the criteria against which senior academics and senior managers are appointed and it is expected that application for Fellow status would come from these members.
Applications will be assessed by a panel comprising no less than three senior Board members, typically including the President and President Elect. The panel’s recommendation will be moved for acceptance at the next Board meeting. If approved, the applicant becomes a Fellow from that date.