Management Information Systems
Harnessing Technologies for Business & Society
This textbook provides a concise introduction to Management Information Systems. It introduces core concepts in an accessible style and adopts a contemporary approach that reflects the opportunities and challenges faced as businesses and technologies continue to evolve.
· Coverage of key issues including sustainability and green IT, ethics and privacy, smart technologies,
corporate social responsibility and big data
· Definition boxes to consolidate understanding of key terms
· Illustrative examples to engage and apply theory in the real-world
· Pause for thought boxes to check understanding and encourage reflection
· End of chapter case studies to illustrate key topics in practice, encourage critical thinking,
application of knowledge and enhance learning
· Comprehensive online support including PowerPoints, tutor’s guide and testbank of questions
This textbook is suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate students studying introductory Management or Business Information Systems courses with no prior knowledge.
Dr Tomayess Issa is a Senior Lecturer at Curtin University, Australia.
Dr Theodora Issa is a Senior Lecturer at Curtin University, Australia.
Dr Sarita Hardin-Ramanan is Head Faculty of IT at Curtin University, Mauritius.
Dr Bilal Abu Salih is a Associate Professor at The University of Jordan, Jordan.
Dr Lydia Maketo is a Lecturer at Curtin University, Australia.
Dr Rohini Balapumi is a Lecturer at Curtin University, Australia.
Dr S. Zaung Nau is a Lecturer at Curtin University, Australia.
Dr Raadila Hajee Ahmud-Boodoo is a Teaching Instructor at Curtin University, Australia.