The benefits and burdens of service and leadership roles in mid-career: honouring your purpose, crafting your profile.
Dr Lisa Callagher, University of Auckland
Professor Bill Harley, University of Melbourne
Professor Paul Hibbert, University of Warwick
Professor Tine Koehler, University of Melbourne
The presentation will help participants to:
* Learn about the ways to develop service and leadership roles in editorial, learned society and university contexts.
* Develop an understanding of the benefits and burdens of service and leadership roles in different contexts.
* Be aware of theories, tools and frameworks for the self-management of careers.
* Mobilise key tools and theories to actively shape service and leadership roles.
* Share service and leadership experiences and insights with other mid-career academic colleagues.
* Identify service and leadership roles that are personally meaningful.
Take an active stance in shaping service and leadership roles in the future.
Date: Wednesday 27th March, 2024
Times: START TIMES vary per STATE:
8am Perth, 11am Sydney/Victoria, 10am Queensland, 10.30am Adelaide, 1pm New Zealand and 11am Hobart.
The session will run for 90minutes.
Dr Justine Ferrer, ANZAM Education & Engagement committee
*This session is FREE to ANZAM members, or for a small administrative charge of $20 for non-members, billable upon registration.