The goals of the ANZAM Research Committee are:
- To enhance and recognise the research capabilities of the membership
- To work with the JMO Editor and Editorial Board to improve relevance, quality and effectiveness of JMO
The key initiatives supporting these goals are:
- The appointment of Research Fellows who are accomplished researchers recognised for their contributions to research training. Research Fellows play a key role in the development and delivery of content for ANZAM doctoral workshops.
- Co-sponsoring BARDsNET, which played a key role in providing input into the ERA journal ranking process through consultations with ANZAM institutional members.
- Collaborating with the JMO Editor and Editorial Board to enhance the reputation of JMO and value to ANZAM.
- Developing policy, obtaining sponsorship and overseeing selection processes for awards recognising outstanding research contributions of ANZAM members.
- Identify and develop research networks which add value to ANZAM members.
Professor Rowena Barrett (Chair), Eraj Ghafoori, Professor Lee Di Milia, Associate Professor Bruce Gurd, Professor Peter Holland, Professor Peter Galvin (JMO Editor)