The goals of the ANZAM Research Committee are:
- To enhance and recognise the research capabilities of the membership
- To work with the JMO Editor and Editorial Board to improve relevance, quality and effectiveness of JMO
The key initiatives supporting these goals are:
- The appointment of Research Fellows who are accomplished researchers recognised for their contributions to research training. Research Fellows play a key role in the development and delivery of content for ANZAM doctoral workshops.
- Co-sponsoring BARDsNET, which played a key role in providing input into the ERA journal ranking process through consultations with ANZAM institutional members.
- Collaborating with the JMO Editor and Editorial Board to enhance the reputation of JMO and value to ANZAM.
- Developing policy, obtaining sponsorship and overseeing selection processes for awards recognising outstanding research contributions of ANZAM members.
- Identify and develop research networks which add value to ANZAM members.
Professor Kate Kearins (Chair), Professor Rowena Barrett, Professor Ross Chapman, Professor Peter Galvin, Poh Yen Ng.