Early Career Academics (ECAs) are facing an increasingly competitive context in the Australian higher education sector. Pressures to publish, attract external funding, and do long hours of teaching in business faculties make career progression a very complex and difficult task. This workshop is open to early career academics and PhD candidates close to graduation. It combines an exciting program of workshops and panels tailored around teaching, research and career building with opportunity to meet and network with other ECAs. The panels are composed of senior academics from the ANZAM Board and the QUT Business School who will share their expertise, experience and advice with participants.
Topics that will be discussed in the workshop include:
- Characteristics of a successful Early Career Academic
- Applying for academic positions
- Building professional networks
- Developing a publication plan
- Developing a teaching portfolio
- Applying for and managing research funding
- Becoming a supervisor
Places are limited – RSVP no later than 18 September 2014.